Can I work long distance with Jasmine Sky Designs?
Yes. I’ve has been working long distance with women internationally since 2001. I call this working ‘virtually’ – remotely via email, on the phone or on video Skype.
Can I work in person with you?
Absolutely! I welcome you with open arms to my design studio on The Big Island in Hawai’i for your Design Session.
What is the process you use to design and create my art wear?
Over the years, I’ve developed a very efficient and streamlined four (4) step creation process for working either in person or ‘virtually’.
Step 1 – Short Preliminary Questionnaire
To help us hit the ground running in your Design Session, I’ll ask you to complete a short preliminary questionnaire which includes a request for photos and measurements.
Step 2 – Imagining Your Dress
Guided by your design wants and needs, I’ll take you by the hand and help you imagine your dream-dress; all the way from the style you choose, to the choice of silks you’d like to make it up with, and right down to the colors and even brush-strokes of the art work you’d like painted on your silk.
Step 3 – Your Quote
Once your island art wear is completely designed, I will provide you with a quote for what it will cost. Your quote includes; any color or art work swatches you want, wrapping directions for your garment style, the start date and shipment date of your island art wear and a Video Skype Styling Session once your receive your art wear so that you can feel 200% confident with how to wear it in all it’s many styling options.
Step 4 – “Creation Mode”
You can sit back and relax now as I go into “creation mode”.
I don’t feel comfortable buying clothes without trying them on. Is there any way I can try these styles on without traveling to your design studio and showroom?
So that you can order your hand painted silk art wear with 100% confidence, you can choose to have samples mailed to you so that you can try them on.
How our Virtual Fitting Service works:
Fees – for ironing of samples before and after mailing & Jasmine’s time for video Skype fitting;
- $150 for up to 3 samples, $250 for up to 6 samples
- A ‘hold’ will be put on your credit card for the total value of all the samples you want to send. This hold is removed upon returned receipt of the samples.
The samples need to be received by Jasmine Sky Designs 15 days from date postmarked on your package. This allows for;
- 5 days traveling to you
- 5 days in your possession when you will be trying them on, practicing how to wrap them and having your scheduled Skype fitting with Jasmine
- 5 days traveling back to me
- One (1) hour video Skype fitting appointment with me.
- Wrapping directions for each sample.
- If your video Skype session runs over the 1 hour allotted time, an additional charge for my time will be charged at the rate of $100/hour or any increment thereof.
Because of their wrap-&-tie-on construction, trying the sample on will help you determine which style is right for you and what your fitting customization needs, wants and desires are.
If you require extensive customizations (changing of the style itself) beyond fitting, this will be handled in your video Skype fitting.
How much does a Jasmine Sky Designs Original cost?
I can only accept 20 orders per year. This ensures that you get my undivided attention, not just in the design process but also when I’m in “creation mode” making your island art wear!
While an exquisite hand painted silk scarf (which can also be worn as a bathing suit cover-up) can start at around $200 or a silk sarong can start at around $500… a formal silk bridal dress with veil and train can peak towards $6000. That said, the average investment is somewhere in the middle at $2,500 – $3,500 which includes designing your outfit, your finished garment(s) and any styling support you might need once you receive your Jasmine Sky Designs Original.
How do I book you and what’s your payment plan?
To make sure that you’ve snagged me for your wedding date or trip to the islands;
- I require a $500 retainer fee. which begins your Design Session. This retainer is credited to the final cost of your island art wear.
- Once your dress is designed, I will provide you with a quote for the cost of your art wear. Your quote includes; any color or art work swatches you want, wrapping directions for your garment style, the start date and shipment date of your island art wear and a Video Skype Styling Session once your receive your art wear so that you can feel 200% confident with how to wear it in all it’s many styling options.
- Your payment in full reserves your spot in my production schedule. I am also flexible with breaking up payments along the way but your art wear must be paid in full before I begin to make it.
Can I receive silk swatches, color swatches and/or art work swatches?
Yes. This is part of the design and production process. You will be sent any swatches you need – silk, color or art work – in order to confidently make your design choices. All of these details are handled in your Design Session. Should you have a specific color you need to match, I will request that you send me an example of that color via snail-mail as digital colors cannot be relied upon
What is the turnaround time for a Jasmine Sky Designs original?
The turnaround time for your wearable art can range from 3 weeks to several months and is determined by
- what you create with me
- how full my production schedule is when you place your order
- how long it will take to make your art wear.
What is the Jasmine Sky Designs return/refund policy?
At Jasmine Sky Designs, we stand behind our product 100%. We take pride in our outstanding attention to detail and heart centered customer service. Your silk art wear is hand painted and sewn by Jasmine herself with the utmost attention to detail and with the care that she would use as if she were making a gift for a dear friend.
When you work with Jasmine Sky Designs, you are working directly with myself, Jasmine Sky, the designer and silk artist, and never with a sales person.
I only accept 20 brides per year. because I want to ensure that you get my undivided attention — not just in the design process but also when I’m in “creation mode” making your dress!
I will be giving you the absolute best of myself to create a garment of the highest quality — one that literally feels like “magic” to wear because it is made for one person and one person only: you.
I stand behind my product 100%. If, for any reason, I have made an error in making your art wear, I will repaint any part or all of your order one time after you return your art wear. The only additional cost to you is postage.
I do not issue refunds.